A computer can last until five years before it can be considered outdated. With the fast development in technology, computers are evolving and changing very fast. But there are some who change their computer before they even reach the five years. Some because of the affordability of the new one, while others, because their computer are already run down.
A computer’s poor condition can be because of poor maintenance and care. How can you fully maximize your computer? Take good care of it. So, here are the simple tips for maintenance and cleanliness.
• Frequent vacuuming and dusting would remove dust, lint, carpet fibers, hair and smoke particles from your computer hardware. Do not put it inside dark places where it can accumulate dust particles. Accumulate dust can cause your computer to overheat and can even cause permanent hardware failure.
• Aside from battery powered vacuum cleaner, you can also use lint-free cloth which can be used when cleaning monitors and other delicate surfaces. When using vacuum cleaner, avoid using inside the computer case or CPU. It can damage the components inside it. You can also use artist brushes for removing dirt in hard-to reach areas, like the computer keyboard.
• Smoking near the computer can also contribute to the early deterioration of your computer. Avoid putting your computer near anything that produces smoke, like cigarettes and fireplaces. This can block the hear coming out of the computer and eventually cause overheating.
• You can use compressed gas to remove the dirt and the dust inside the CPU cause. Just avoid using this on the floppy diskette, CD, DVD and Zip drives. Avoid using your breathe as dust removal, it can attract more dust since human breathe is moist.
• For cleaning LCD screens, use soft dry cotton. This could remove the smudges on the screen. But if it fails to do so, you can mix isopropyl alcohol with water on 50-50 ratio. You can use this to clean the screen but avoid using any other kind of cleaning solution since this could hard the computer hardware.
• When cleaning the keyboard disconnect if first from the computer. Then you can start turning it upside down to remove anything that could be hiding behind the keys. You can also used compressed air to remove materials stuck on the keyboard. You can also use antibacterial and disinfecting wipes.
• Strange movements of the mouse can be because the mouse itself and its ball are dirty. To clean it, disconnect it from the computer and release the ball so that you can clean it fully.
When cleaning your computer you need to be careful since there is a possibility that you can cause damage in some parts. Whenever you are cleaning, you need to make sure that there is no water around the cleaning area, you could wear antistatic bracelets to that you would not be discharging any shocks that could affect your computer’s functionality.
You could also have a computer hardware maintenance schedule to make sure that your computer is regularly cleaned. Maintaining and cleaning your computer would make sure that you would fully maximize your equipment.