The computer has been one of the most popular and important inventions of all times. Since its introduction to the public, lives have changed and the way businesses and basic transactions have been widely modified. Thus, modern computers have become household and office necessities.
People from all walks of life need to know how to operate computers. Knowing such is like being literate especially in these modern times. Therefore, it would be worthwhile for you to know the basic standard operating procedures when starting or turning on any kind of computer. Here are those procedures.
1. Simply start the computer by plugging the equipment into direct current or voltage regulating devices. Push start button and wait until a prompt appears on the screen.
2. Wait for a few minutes or seconds until a welcome note appears, followed by the desktop screen.
3. From there, you just choose the program you wish to use. Double click buttons to initiate the application. From there, you can start to work on whatever task you need.
4. If you are staring a computer, which is in a safe mode, simply click the ‘shut down’ button at the lower left corner. A dialog box will appear, where you must click ‘restart’. After that, click ‘ok’. In a few seconds, press F8, or before the restart function launches. A configuration mode will appear on screen. Use the arrows to highlight safe mode options you wish to make, press ‘enter’ at the keyboard to launch the action.
5. If the computer is set up in the last known system good configuration, click the ‘start’ button and restart the unit. Press F8 when a message box appears containing instructions that operating system needs to be started and selected. When the screen appears, highlight the phrase ‘last known good configuration’ before pressing ‘enter’ at the keyboard.
After the computer has been turned on, you are now ready to use the equipment for whatever purpose you may have. Whether you use it for basic computer applications or for surfing the Internet, be sure to run the computer properly. Follow instructions before doing actions you aren’t familiar about. As a standard protocol, shut down the unit appropriately to prevent any problems when the computer needs to be restarted. Follow standard shut down procedures and make sure to unplug any cords before going from the front desk of the computer.