The computer mouse is one of the essential elements of your entire computer using experience, however, contrary to what you think one would have to master the use of the mouse in order to assure the prevention of any musculoskeletal injury. Aside from constantly changing your posture when you are working with your mouse and in this same way you could curtail the risk of ergonomic related problems.
Be reminded that the finest ergonomic mouse should allow you to make diverse positions while using it.
Safety tips while using your mouse
There are several pieces of advice that the experts have provided for mouse users, in order for them to lessen the threats of suffering from mouse-using problems. The following tips are supposed to give the users the proper ways of using the computer mouse.
1. Gripping your mouse- there is really no need to hold the mouse too tightly because it won’t run anywhere. Just hold the mouse mildly over the mouse pad.
2. Use your mouse from your elbow- it is important that you use your mouse from your elbow as your midpoint instead of flicking your wrists. Be sure that you keep your elbow straight at all times.
3. Ideal mouse position- in using your mouse, the best position that you can take is just to sit back in your chair and your arms should be relaxed as you are sliding your mouse on the mouse pad. Remember to pivot using your elbow and never ever use the mouse while extending on the desk or on the side of your keyboard.
4. Keep your wrist safe all the time- in anatomy, it should be free from any surface pressure interaction.
5. Keep away from limiting circulations- pressure on the wrist where our pulse is usually taken might just disrupt the proper blood circulation in our body which might eventually lead to further complications.
6. Avoid using wrist rest-research shows that the wrist rests only amplifies the risks inside our carpal tunnel.
7. Keep away from limiting arm movements- as you are using your wrist rests, chances are you’ll rest you entire forearm on a fixed or locking position which in turn leads to the mouse flicking with the use of the wrist instead of the elbow.
Other than these tips, it is important that you educate yourself regarding the other ideal positions for some input devices which you are using, because you might not even know that you are less prone to complications in using your mouse but you are highly exposed for other complications with other devices.