In the past decades, home automation is considered as a trend of the elites. Today, the need for home automation is very common. Home automation business are simple terms which defines something that gives home owners automatic or remote control operation over their electronic devices at home. Controlling also means interfacing these electronic systems into your laptop or mobile phones. You can control simple things such as security systems, lights, or other related devices. It is all about smart innovation.
There are advantages why people need to incorporate home automation in their daily business.
1. Convenience. It provides ease and comfort on the user. Take for instance; through your mobile interfacing system, you can cool your bedroom before you arrive home, setting it to cool at a specified temperature.
2. Create sophisticated impression. Any home user would be proud in showing off such technological breakthrough in their home. Combining security systems at your home and controlling other systems using remote control operation is another part of home automation. Controlling fans, air-conditions, lights and others is the most important business for homeowners.
A typical example includes dimming lights to create different moods or scenes. It adds elegance to your room ambiance creating amazing light effects matched with your existing home lights. Enhancing your interiors is not a problem anymore. You will not concentrate more on changing your furniture instead you simply use dimming system in highlighting the living room.
Dimming any kinds of lights such as neon lamps, halogen lamps, fluorescent lamps, and incandescent lamps can be done. However compact fluorescent lamps requires outside dimmable ballast but lamps like metal halide cannot be dimmed. Any residential living room can adapt different functions anytime of the day or night. By just changing light intensities, it can create a scene making the spaces in your living room look great. The great lighting secret lies on how you control it. Lights setting can be saved or retrieved automatically by pressing the right button. You can also delay its time settings for saving two scenes.
Light dimming systems provides the following advantages.
– Mood lighting. Light controls can be done to obtain the kind of light you wanted according to its appropriate quantity reducing eyestrain and saving excessive lights.
– Increases the lifespan of the lamp and saves energy. It enhances the life of lighting fixtures such as incandescent and halogen. Dimming lights can help you save electricity.
– Easy installation. Cabling and time are reduced upon its installations while saving energy. Lighting fixtures switches are eliminated. Qualified electricians can install light dimming systems.
– Add to your extraordinary interiors. It enhances interiors and beautifies the space letting selective visuals creates beautiful effects.
– Convenient. It is user friendly through a remote control operation or interfaced operation.
The concept of light dimming seem simple to most people. But, it may not always appear like that. It is not just a mere replacement of wall switch thus it can be more complex. Today, day dimming using the latest dimmable ballasts can be no longer easy. Incandescent lamps can be dimmed when voltages are lower. As the voltage decreases, lamp lumens and powers decrease accordingly. The human eyes see a dimmer or brighter light based on the on-time to off-time proportions. It means that 240 is still the actual voltage but its average voltage is already reduced. The phases of cut dimming are categorized into two types.
a. Forward phase cut dimming only energizes the lamps during the final half-cycle portion of the power line. It is cheap and uses tough electronics suitable for many loads.
b. Reverse phase energizes the lamp during the initial half-cycle portion of the power line. It is more expensive because of using complex electronics. However it is much better on some loads and operates better making less audible sound.
The dimming principle is patterned on how the dimmers work. Generally, dimmers are either thyristors or Triacs. These are utilized for inductive or resistive loads such as cold cathode, low voltage, and incandescent lamp sources. The digital or analog method can also be used for dimming lights depending on the load and application used. Light dimmers can really work wonders in your home.